December 19, 2012

Letter of the Week - Letter K

Letter K Week- It was kickin'!  Addilyn learned that K is for kites, kangaroos, and keys.  To start off, here is our curriculum for the week.

Working on handwriting and phonics.

Our capital K kangaroo.


Counting 11 keys...


...and then making a lowercase k from them.


I made a kite matching game with scrapbook paper and popsicle sticks.  I absolutely love Addilyn's face when she finds the correct match.


This is her tissue paper kite.  Check our the crazy ribbon we used for the tail.  Ha ha.



I cut a ton of diamonds out of four different colors of construction paper.  First I asked Addilyn to sort the "kites" by color and then by size.  She had so much fun.  So simple, yet so great.  Who knew?



Letter K stamps!


For this game Addilyn had to glue to tails to the kite of the same color.  



Addilyn making her Kangaroo cup.  Kept saying it was me because it was a mommy.  She wanted to make a baby kangaroo to go in my pouch.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  My creative juices were running low that day.


Our kite books...
...and our kangaroo books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review